- By donating, you are participating in the Qualified Charitable Organization Tax Credit program, supporting low income families with their child care/supervision needs.
- Up to the maximums allowed by the state, your donation can be taken as a dollar-for dollar-tax credit when you file your 2019 Arizona state taxes.
- Donations must be received by April 15th, 2019 for the 2018 tax year.
- Donated funds are awarded to Schools to be used to support low income family’s child cares / supervision expenses.
- Upon completion of your donation. A receipt will be sent to you for tax purposes.
Q: Can I recommend a specific child or organization receive my funds?
A: You can’t recommend a child, but there is a place on the donation form where you can recommend a school or organization receive your funds.
Q: What can these funds be used for?
A: Funds can be used to support the care/supervision of low income children of any age. Examples include:
• Before and aftercare
• Extracurricular activities
• Summer camps
Q: Can any child receive these funds?
A: Low income children, with child care/supervision expenses, attending preschools licensed by DHS, public schools, private schools or charter schools can receive funding. Funding is sent to the schools to cover specific expenses incurred by a child.
Q: Who is considered low income?
A: For this purpose, the state defines low income as 150% of the federal poverty level.